Friday, January 2, 2009

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Klaatu barada nikto.

A movie with a message. Will we Earthlings be able listen to Klaatu's message and change our violent ways so that we can escape destruction and join the galactic community? Ahhh, a movie that is able to deliver its message without showing us the slaughter of millions of people. Four stars. If you have seen the new version with Keanu, know that it is a VERY different movie, and you must go and see the original NOW.

1 comment:

Fred Theilig said...

One of my all time favorites. The use of darkness and shadow is great. If you've listened to the directors commentary, you'll hear what an amazing project it was. One of my favorite lines is:

"You've feel different about me when you see my picture in the paper."
"I feel different about you right now."